Hi, I'm Miha Mazzini, author, screenwriter and film director.
Some fast facts about me:
- more than 30 books published in 10 languages
- Short stories selected for many anthologies including Pushcart Prize 2012 and Best European Fiction 2018
- Screenwriter of award-winning feature films (Golden Palm for the best film of the XXII Mostra de Valencia, European CIRCOM Award for the Best TV Film of 1992), short films and TV films
- Director of feature film, documentaries and short films (Best director award at the Highgate Film Festival in London, best short film of 2011 at the Slovenian film festival)
- MA in Creative Writing for Film and Television, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
- PhD in Anthropology of Everyday Life, Institutum Studiorum Humanitatis, Slovenia
Everybody agrees upon the psychological insight, the complexity, the humor and wonders where the author got his mind and brain.
I'm proud to share a secret - I even kept a receipt.
Detroit Free Press about my novel Crumbs: "Probably the most fascinating novel you will read this year."
Publishers Weekly about Guarding Hanna: "Thoroughly unique black comedy ... delightfully perverse and oddly touching story".
My latest fiction book published in English:
A man has signed his own death warrant. And now he is tempted back to life with love, music and beauty.
My latest non-fiction book:
Born for Stories
Nonfiction book about writers and creativity.
- Slovenian edition, 2012
- English Kindle edition, 2014
My latest fiction book:
Map of Other Lives
A literary thriller about a man, who buys not only a stolen iPad but a deadly secret with it.
The story about three types of murders: individual killing, collective sacrifice and mass media murder.
My latest YA book:
Novel for young adult readers (12+)
- Slovenian edition, 2016
- Serbian edition, 2018
Modra ptica award for the best YA novel.